Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Keeping it on the down low.


Blogging is always a bit of a gamble. Either people will visit and honestly care what I have to say... or they will completely ignore my disjointed rantings and find somewhere more meaningful to browse.

But over the last few years of serious photography, I've been feeling the need to write down the stories behind certain images I take. Not necessarily because I have anything particularly wise or poignant to share, but because I really just want to remember the background stories for my own sake.

Thus instead of blogging, I think I will call this "journaling." This site will be written for those with whom I share a common interest of learning and growing in our mutual photographic endeavors. But I also expect this site to primarily be a place for me to write down my experiences, for my own, selfish sake. If anyone else can benefit from those experiences, or perhaps just gain an entertaining read, then even better.

Either way, expect to see some dirty laundry aired, as I start sharing some of the 95% of images that are sorted out to find the 5% that are keepers.

So it begins...

Herb



No comments: